Saturday, June 21, 2008

Untitled

Friday night/Saturday morning, and I'm killing time until I'm tired enough to sleep. The cat on my lap has his white paw resting in an empty shot glass that did have a neat JD in about half an hour ago. Got the house to myself but there's nothing on TV worth watching so I'm doing what my girlfriend hates me doing. Flicking through the music channels until I find a song I like, then flicking around again when it finishes.

Whatever happened to Sade? Can't say I ever liked that kind of music but it'll always scream mid 90s to me. My sister seemed to loop that CD when I was in secondary school and it looks like it just stuck.

Same with The Bangles. I remember a girl in primary school singing Eternal Flame (think her name was Carla) and the teacher (Mrs Bettison?) saying she wanted to be sent tickets to her concert when she was famous. That was probably 20 years ago now but that song triggered that memory off as well any smell could.

No Doubt's Don't Speak is on now, and I'm instantly at school again doing my GCSEs wondering what my life will hold and why Hayley chose to wear a black bra under a white top for the last exam of the year. But as soon as it hits it's gone again, and I'm dragged back to now with a cat padding my leg and me wondering where any of this is even going.

I don't really think it's going anywhere actually. Probably shouldn't be writing blogs at gone midnight after half a bottle of wine and JD but there you go.

Oh, Black Hawk Down's on

No comments: